Sunday, September 25, 2005

Serenity

Just finished the book version of Joss Whedon's "Serenity." That's the movie continuation of his excellent "Firefly" TV series that Fox sabotaged and cancelled in its first season. "Serenity" will be in theaters 30SEP05--I've been waiting to catch it for more than a year now. It was supposed to be opening in April, but due to marketing concerns with the scheduling, it was moved to September.

The book is good. I know the movie is going to be great. I don't want to give any spoilers, but for any "Firefly" fans out there (call us "Browncoats") it's a powerful story.

I dearly hope the movie isn't the end of this series--Joss needs to either continue with another TV series or with a series of movies. I think a TV series would work best, with the nature of the plot.

If anyone out there hasn't seen the series, I recommend you do so at the earliest opportunity. You won't regret it.

No comments: