Saturday, April 02, 2005

Finally!

My power went out two nights ago--bad thunderstorms for the past couple days and such. Came home from work tonight--still no power. So I hit the bar downtown until midnight--then when I came home: POWER!

It may have been an inconvenience, but I think I've learned something from all this: If you have a problem, and nothing else seems to work, DRINK. When you've had enough to drink, the problem will correct itself.

Well, perhaps the theory needs some more testing.

I sanded down the stock on my K31--not enough to significantly change it--just enough to remove the finish and smooth out the worst of the dings (also used an iron and damp cloth to pull some out before sanding). I just finished putting the second coat of dark walnut stain on it--I'm hoping the beach will take the stain well. I'll probably be reassembling the rifle and taking it shooting tomorrow (today, actually) provided I can pick up some ammo. I really have to get some reloading equipment for it. I did win an auction--480 rounds of 7.5mm Swiss will be on its way as soon as the seller contacts me with payment instructions. Looks like $179 + shipping--not too bad a deal from what I've seen.

No comments: